Error while updating IPs
Hello,

yesterday I had an error while executing the ./update-ips command.

Code:
Updating ip 'apb_fll_if'...
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "./update-ips", line 47, in <module>
   ipdb.update_ips()
 File "ipstools/ipstools/IPDatabase.py", line 525, in update_ips
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: b'

I don't know why I got this error because I didn't change anything on my system, in fact I didn't even use this particular computer at all in the last few weeks.

What I did was get a fresh PULPissimo installation.
So I cloned from the GitHub and updated the ips.
Everything worked fine and the error was gone.

Currently I am trying to generate the bitstream for the Zedboard.
So when I run make zedboard I get the following error:

Code:
ERROR: [Vivado 12-172] File or Directory '/local/lpla/pulpissimo/fpga/pulpissimo-zedboard/ips/xilinx_clk_mngr/ip/xilinx_clk_mngr.xci' does not exist

I then tried to update the ips again.
But now I get the same error again:

Code:
Updating ip 'apb_fll_if'...
   ipdb.update_ips()
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: b''

I have been trying to generate the bitstream for the Zedboard for a few days now but I run from one error into another.
As mentioned just yesterday I freshly pulled PULPissimo and updated the ips without any problems.
I didn't do pull anything else or manipulate any of the files or scripts.
Still I get the error again. Also it says that my local repo is already up-to-date.

Does anyone have an idea why this keeps happening?
All I'm trying to do is create the bitstream for the Zedboard following all the steps mentioned in the GitHub.

Edit: I just did a fresh install of PULPissimo again and this time it worked. Still it's weird that I got that error twice for no obvious reason. Maybe someone has an idea what happened...

Thank you,
LPLA
Looks like a python version issue to me. Good that you could fix it.
(08-19-2020, 02:21 PM)bluewww Wrote: Looks like a python version issue to me. Good that you could fix it.

Well I didn't really fix it, that's the problem...

There are basically three things that don't work as expected when setting up a fresh PULPissimo, at least for me.

Obviously I follow all the steps from the GitHub but the three things are:

1) When I get to the step where I have to install the Software Development Kit, I have to install the system dependencies.
There I have to execute a script: 
Code:
./scripts/build-runtime

Unfortunately I get the following error:
Quote:bash: ./scripts/build-runtime: No such file or directory

Not sure what causes this error as there aren't that many steps before this one that could cause any problems.

Edit: I fixed this problem but a new one came up.
When getting the submodules via: 

Quote:
Code:
git submodule update --init

I get an error that I do not have permission.
There is already an issue related to this problem here but the proposed solution did not work for me.
I still wanted to link to it because maybe it will work for others that have the same problem.

2) When running 
Code:
./update-ips

on a fresh PULPissimo installation for the first time it updates the IPs without any error.
But when I try to do it again I always get the same error:
Quote:Updating ip 'apb_fll_if'...
    ipdb.update_ips()
My Python versions:
Quote:python3 --version
Python 3.6.8

python2 --version
Python 2.7.5

It is really weird to me that the first time I run ./update-ips I won't get this error but only from the second time onwards.

3) When trying to run or build the pulp-rt-examples I get the following error:
Quote:Makefile:6: /local/lpla/pulpissimo/pulp-sdk//install/rules/pulp_rt.mk: No such file or directory

make: *** No rule to make target `/local/lpla/pulpissimo/pulp-sdk//install/rules/pulp_rt.mk'.  Stop.

I remember running it yesterday without a problem (first time, similar to the ./update-ips problem).
When trying to set the path to one of the pulp_rt.mk files (there is one in pulp-sdk/tools/pulp-rules/rules and one in pulp-sdk/pkg/sdk/dev/install/rules) I get the following error:
Quote:/local/lpla/pulpissimo/pulp-sdk/tools/pulp-rules/rules/pulp_rt.mk:15: *** PULP_CURRENT_CONFIG must contain the current configuration.  Stop.

Edit: This seems to be fixed now. I am still not sure what caused this behaviour. I ran the example 3 times and no problems so far.

I will once more try a fresh installation of PULPissimo, following all the steps from the GitHub.
At this point I don't even know where to start looking for a solution if even following all the steps will result in errors.
Maybe there is something obvious that I can't see right now so any help is greatly appreciated.
I also encountered a similar problem,The first time run ./update-ips will not cause an error, but the second will occur ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: b'.Is there a good solution now?
(08-20-2020, 11:43 AM)LPLA Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 02:21 PM)bluewww Wrote: Looks like a python version issue to me. Good that you could fix it.

Well I didn't really fix it, that's the problem...

There are basically three things that don't work as expected when setting up a fresh PULPissimo, at least for me.

Obviously I follow all the steps from the GitHub but the three things are:

1) When I get to the step where I have to install the Software Development Kit, I have to install the system dependencies.
There I have to execute a script: 
Code:
./scripts/build-runtime

Unfortunately I get the following error:
Quote:bash: ./scripts/build-runtime: No such file or directory

Not sure what causes this error as there aren't that many steps before this one that could cause any problems.

Edit: I fixed this problem but a new one came up.
When getting the submodules via: 

Quote:
Code:
git submodule update --init

I get an error that I do not have permission.
There is already an issue related to this problem here but the proposed solution did not work for me.
I still wanted to link to it because maybe it will work for others that have the same problem.

2) When running 
Code:
./update-ips

on a fresh PULPissimo installation for the first time it updates the IPs without any error.
But when I try to do it again I always get the same error:
Quote:Updating ip 'apb_fll_if'...
    ipdb.update_ips()
My Python versions:
Quote:python3 --version
Python 3.6.8

python2 --version
Python 2.7.5

It is really weird to me that the first time I run ./update-ips I won't get this error but only from the second time onwards.

3) When trying to run or build the pulp-rt-examples I get the following error:
Quote:Makefile:6: /local/lpla/pulpissimo/pulp-sdk//install/rules/pulp_rt.mk: No such file or directory

make: *** No rule to make target `/local/lpla/pulpissimo/pulp-sdk//install/rules/pulp_rt.mk'.  Stop.

I remember running it yesterday without a problem (first time, similar to the ./update-ips problem).
When trying to set the path to one of the pulp_rt.mk files (there is one in pulp-sdk/tools/pulp-rules/rules and one in pulp-sdk/pkg/sdk/dev/install/rules) I get the following error:
Quote:/local/lpla/pulpissimo/pulp-sdk/tools/pulp-rules/rules/pulp_rt.mk:15: *** PULP_CURRENT_CONFIG must contain the current configuration.  Stop.

Edit: This seems to be fixed now. I am still not sure what caused this behaviour. I ran the example 3 times and no problems so far.

I will once more try a fresh installation of PULPissimo, following all the steps from the GitHub.
At this point I don't even know where to start looking for a solution if even following all the steps will result in errors.
Maybe there is something obvious that I can't see right now so any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi, so I am also facing error  number 3: 
Code:
PULP_CURRENT_CONFIG must contain the current configuration.  Stop.

Could you guide me on how did you solve it? Thanks.