Error When Running hwme example
Hi, 

I am currently trying to use PULPissimo and the hello example runs fine, however when I try to run hwme example I got this error: 

" [/sys/board/chip/soc/fc/warning                   ] Invalid access (offset: 0x1a10c004, size: 0x4, is_write: 0)" 

Also Modelsim gui doesn't open when I use this command for hello example " make clean all run gui=1 " 

Can anyone passed this help in figuring out what's the problem ? 

Thanks in advance.
Francesco has been working on a documentation of the Hardware Processing Engine (HWPE) which is available under
https://hwpe-doc.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

I am not sure, if this will help. 

For the Modelsim problem.. I am afraid it is not possible to diagnose much if all we have is, "it is not working". Questasim (it is actually a bit different than Modelsim) installation is not really part of PULP, so you will have to see what is needed so that it starts properly. It could be version, that you use a remote machine (which can not open a window) all the way to there is no more place in the disk, you do not have a license.. etc etc.. Some people were trying to use the Altera/Intel edition, which some others have verified that will not work properly.
Visit pulp-platform.org and follow us on twitter @pulp_platform
Hi Ahmed, it looks like you're trying to execute this on the virtual platform (GVSOC). Unfortunately GVSOC does not currently support accelerators. Hence, the software core trying to access the accelerator control port "correctly" reports an invalid access.

However, you can setup the SDK for RTL execution by sourcing the correct configuration file in the SDK, for example
Code:
source /home/user/pulp-sdk/pkg/env/env-sdk-2019.04.03.sh
source /home/user/pulp-sdk/pkg/sdk/2019.04.03/configs/pulpissimo.sh
source /home/user/pulp-sdk/pkg/sdk/2019.04.03/configs/platform-rtl.sh
This should enable the RTL simulation, where the test should work fine.
(04-16-2019, 08:40 AM)kgf Wrote: Francesco has been working on a documentation of the Hardware Processing Engine (HWPE) which is available under
https://hwpe-doc.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

I am not sure, if this will help. 

For the Modelsim problem.. I am afraid it is not possible to diagnose much if all we have is, "it is not working". Questasim (it is actually a bit different than Modelsim) installation is not really part of PULP, so you will have to see what is needed so that it starts properly. It could be version, that you use a remote machine (which can not open a window) all the way to there is no more place in the disk, you do not have a license.. etc etc.. Some people were trying to use the Altera/Intel edition, which some others have verified that will not work properly.

Hi, I had same GUI not opening issue with Questa. Solution was migrating from version 10.4 to 10.7. There is known bug in free lib and libpng with older versions.