Problem installing PULP-SDK
Hello,

I'm trying to install PULP-SDK following the instructions provided in GitHub, but I get an error I can't understand and for which I haven't found any solution.

I'm starting from a clean Ubuntu 16.04 install, and the sequence of steps I follow (first I install the riscv gnu toolchain and then the PULP SDK) is:

1 - sudo -s

2 - apt install git python3-pip python-pip gawk texinfo libgmp-dev libmpfr-dev libmpc-dev swig3.0 libjpeg-dev lsb-core doxygen python-sphinx sox graphicsmagick-libmagick-dev-compat libsdl2-dev libswitch-perl libftdi1-dev cmake scons libsndfile1-dev

3 - pip3 install artifactory twisted prettytable sqlalchemy pyelftools openpyxl xlsxwriter pyyaml numpy configparser pyvcd

4 - sudo pip2 install configparser

5 - cd /opt

6 - mkdir riscv

7 - cd riscv

8 - git clone https://github.com/pulp-platform/pulp-ri...-toolchain

9 - cd pulp-riscv-gnu-toolchain

10 - git submodule update --init --recursive

11 - apt-get install autoconf automake autotools-dev curl libmpc-dev libmpfr-dev libgmp-dev gawk build-essential bison flex texinfo gperf libtool patchutils bc zlib1g-dev

12 - export PATH=$PATH:/opt/riscv/bin

13 - ./configure --prefix=/opt/riscv --with-arch=rv32imc --with-cmodel=medlow --enable-multilib

14 - make

15 - export PULP_RISCV_GCC_TOOLCHAIN=/opt/riscv

16 - export VSIM_PATH=/opt/riscv/pulpissimo/sim

17 - cd ..

18 - git clone https://github.com/pulp-platform/pulp-sdk.git -b master

19 - cd pulp-sdk

20 - source configs/pulpissimo.sh

21 - make all

After this last command I get the following error:

Configuring Pulp project at /opt/riscv/pulp-sdk
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./pulp-tools/bin/plpbuild", line 3, in <module>
    import plptools as plp
  File "/opt/riscv/pulp-sdk/pulp-tools/bin/plptools.py", line 27, in <module>
    from plpobjects import *
  File "/opt/riscv/pulp-sdk/pulp-tools/bin/plpobjects.py", line 32, in <module>
    from openpyxl import Workbook
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/openpyxl/__init__.py", line 6, in <module>
    from openpyxl.workbook import Workbook
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/openpyxl/workbook/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
    from .workbook import Workbook
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/openpyxl/workbook/workbook.py", line 7, in <module>
    from openpyxl.worksheet.worksheet import Worksheet
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/openpyxl/worksheet/worksheet.py", line 392
    return f"{get_column_letter(min_col)}{min_row}:{get_column_letter(max_col)}{max_row}"
                                                                                        ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Makefile:6: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 1

Following the instructions provided in GitHub I check the versions of both python and pip. What I get is:

root@VBox:/opt/riscv/pulp-sdk# pip --version
pip 19.3.1 from /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip (python 2.7)
root@VBox:/opt/riscv/pulp-sdk# python3 --version
Python 3.5.2

Then I execute the commands suggested in GitHub:

python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip
python3 -m pip install artifactory twisted prettytable sqlalchemy pyelftools openpyxl xlsxwriter pyyaml numpy configparser pyvcd

However, when I run again 'make all' I get the same error. Since after looking for a solution I haven't found any clue how to fix it, could you provide me any hint to overcome this problem? Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Manuel
Hello,

Could you please take a look at
https://pulp-platform.org/community/show...hp?tid=132
This seems to be a similar problem. The discussion towards the end should be more interesting.
Visit pulp-platform.org and follow us on twitter @pulp_platform
(11-27-2019, 01:15 PM)kgf Wrote: Hello,

Could you please take a look at
 https://pulp-platform.org/community/show...hp?tid=132
This seems to be a similar problem. The discussion towards the end should be more interesting.

Thank you for your fast answer.

The thread you mention was actually started by me, and was related with the installation of configparser that is neded for configparser. Following the answer provided in that thread now I complete the whole installation as root in order to avoid permission issues, which was the problem I had. So, from the point stated in that thread I could continue until the point when I have to compile the SDK, where I get the error.

Best regards,

Manuel
After analyzing the problem I have found that it is related to the version of the openpyxl package. If the standard install instructions are followed the version of the package that is installed is newer than that required for a correct installation. The proper version for this package is 2.6.4.
Thanks for letting us know. Much appreciated
Visit pulp-platform.org and follow us on twitter @pulp_platform
Hi, I followed the same steps with jmmarostegui but I got following error when executing make all after
source configs/pulpissimo.sh. At some point I got this error.

sdk:pulp-rt:prepare (pulpissimo@config_file=chips/pulpissimo/pulpissimo.json): make header
make[1]: Entering directory '/opt/riscv/pulp-sdk/runtime/pulp-rt'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for 'header'.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/opt/riscv/pulp-sdk/runtime/pulp-rt'
Reached EOF with exit status 0

sdk:pulp-rt:build (pulpissimo@config_file=chips/pulpissimo/pulpissimo.json): make build_all
make[1]: Entering directory '/opt/riscv/pulp-sdk/runtime/pulp-rt'
make build_rt install
make[2]: Entering directory '/opt/riscv/pulp-sdk/runtime/pulp-rt'
/opt/riscv/pulp-sdk/pkg/pulp_riscv_gcc/1.0.14/bin/riscv32-unknown-elf-gcc  -march=rv32imfcxpulpv2 -mfdiv -D__riscv__ -I/opt/riscv/pulp-sdk/runtime/pulp-rt/kernel -D__RT_USE_IO=1 -D__RT_USE_ASSERT=1 -Os -g -fno-jump-tables -Werror -Wextra -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-function -Wundef -fno-tree-loop-distribute-patterns -D__RT_USE_BRIDGE=1 -D__RT_USE_WARNING=1 -DCONFIG_CHECK_CLUSTER_START=1 -DCONFIG_PADS_ENABLED=1 -D__RT_UDMA_COPY_ASM=1 -D__RT_I2C_COPY_ASM=1 -D__RT_SPIM_COPY_ASM=1  -DRT_CONFIG_RTC_ENABLED -DRT_CONFIG_GPIO_ENABLED -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -I/opt/riscv/pulp-sdk/pkg/sdk/dev/install/include/io -I/opt/riscv/pulp-sdk/pkg/sdk/dev/install/include -include /opt/riscv/pulp-sdk/build/sdk/pulp-rt/pulpissimo/fc_config.h    -MMD -MP -c kernel/init.c -o /opt/riscv/pulp-sdk/build/sdk/pulp-rt/pulpissimo/rt/fc/kernel/init.o
riscv32-unknown-elf-gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1': execvp: No such file or directory
/opt/riscv/pulp-sdk/build/sdk/pulp-rt/pulpissimo/__rules.mk:58: recipe for target '/opt/riscv/pulp-sdk/build/sdk/pulp-rt/pulpissimo/rt/fc/kernel/init.o' failed
make[2]: *** [/opt/riscv/pulp-sdk/build/sdk/pulp-rt/pulpissimo/rt/fc/kernel/init.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/opt/riscv/pulp-sdk/runtime/pulp-rt'
Makefile:114: recipe for target 'build_all' failed
make[1]: *** [build_all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/opt/riscv/pulp-sdk/runtime/pulp-rt'
Reached EOF with exit status 2
FATAL ERROR: the command 'build' has failed
Makefile:6: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 255

Thanks in advance.
(12-05-2019, 11:52 AM)jmmarostegui Wrote: After analyzing the problem I have found that it is related to the version of the openpyxl package. If the standard install instructions are followed the version of the package that is installed is newer than that required for a correct installation. The proper version for this package is 2.6.4.

Hi,
Can you tell me the specific commands?
Thanks in advance.
(12-31-2019, 08:59 AM)ziang87 Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 11:52 AM)jmmarostegui Wrote: After analyzing the problem I have found that it is related to the version of the openpyxl package. If the standard install instructions are followed the version of the package that is installed is newer than that required for a correct installation. The proper version for this package is 2.6.4.

Hi,
Can you tell me the specific commands?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Please, find enclosed the complete sequence of steps I have followed starting from a clean Ubuntu 16.04 installation:

0 - sudo -s

1 - apt install git python3-pip python-pip gawk texinfo libgmp-dev libmpfr-dev libmpc-dev swig3.0 libjpeg-dev lsb-core doxygen python-sphinx sox graphicsmagick-libmagick-dev-compat libsdl2-dev libswitch-perl libftdi1-dev cmake scons libsndfile1-dev

2 - pip3 install twisted prettytable artifactory sqlalchemy pyelftools xlsxwriter pyyaml numpy configparser pyvcd

3 - pip2 install configparser

4 - cd /opt

5 - mkdir riscv

6 - cd riscv

7 - git clone https://github.com/pulp-platform/pulp-ri...-toolchain

8 - cd pulp-riscv-gnu-toolchain

9 - git submodule update --init --recursive

10 - apt-get install autoconf automake autotools-dev curl libmpc-dev libmpfr-dev libgmp-dev gawk build-essential bison flex texinfo gperf libtool patchutils bc zlib1g-dev

11 - ./configure --prefix=/opt/riscv --with-arch=rv32imc --with-cmodel=medlow --enable-multilib

12 - make

13 - export PATH=$PATH:/opt/riscv/bin

14 - export PULP_RISCV_GCC_TOOLCHAIN=/opt/riscv

15 - export VSIM_PATH=/opt/riscv/pulpissimo/sim

—— Install PULP-SDK

16 - cd /opt/riscv

17 - git clone https://github.com/pulp-platform/pulp-builder.git

18 - cd pulp-builder

19 - source configs/pulpissimo.sh

20 - ./scripts/clean

21 - ./scripts/update-runtime

22 - ./scripts/build-gvsoc

23 - ./scripts/build-runtime

24 - source sdk-setup.sh

25 - cd /opt/riscv

26 - pip3 install openpyxl==2.6.4

27 - git clone https://github.com/pulp-platform/pulp-sdk.git -b master

28 - cd pulp-sdk

29 - source configs/pulpissimo.sh

30 - make all

31 - export PULP_SDK_HOME=/opt/riscv/pulp-sdk

—— Install Simulation and implementation

32 - Install QuestaSim

33 - cd /opt/riscv

34 - git clone https://github.com/pulp-platform/pulpissimo.git

35 - cd pulpissimo

36 - ./update-ips

37 - source setup/vsim.sh

38 - make clean build

—— Install Micoprocessor programming and debugging

39 - Verify that the following packages are installed with the proper version:

- autoconf >= 2.64

- automake >= 1.14

- texinfo

- make

- libtool

- pkg-config >= 0.23 (or compatible)

- libusb-1.0

- libftdi

- libusb-0.1 or libusb-compat-0.1 for some older drivers

40 - cd /opt/riscv/pulp-sdk

41 - source sourceme.sh && ./pulp-tools/bin/plpbuild checkout build --p openocd --stdout

This has worked for me. I wish your installation will succeed to. 

Best regards,

Manuel