Modifications of the HERO platform
Hello Olivier,

The configuration for the ZC706 does not natively have multiple clusters, but the `JUNO` configuration does.  I suggest you compare those two configurations and import the pieces related to multiple clusters from the `JUNO` configuration.

Additionally, I suggest you verify the multi-cluster configuration step-wise.  First, open an instance of your favorite RTL simulator and check whether all clusters and cores are connected properly.  In particular, I think we never tested a non-power-of-two number of cores, so that might cause problems.  Once you are confident in this, modify the SDK and create a simple binary where all cores print something, and run it in RTL simulation.  Third, synthesize in Vivado and check the post-implementation schematic that connections are correct.  Fourth, generate a bitstream and do manual memory accesses on the board to check whether both clusters with their cores are there.  Fifth, modify the host libraries and driver and compile them with maximum debug level, then try to offload simple programs.  Finally, try to offload a more realistic application, such as `mm-large`.

Messages In This Thread
Modifications of the HERO platform - by Olivier - 07-06-2020, 07:40 AM
RE: Modifications of the HERO platform - by akurth - 07-10-2020, 12:36 PM