Error when building Pulpissimo
Hi,

something has changed in Pulpissimo build.
Before (Instructions in Pulpissimo readme)

#building PULPISSIMO design
cd ..
git clone --recursive https://github.com/pulp-platform/pulpissimo.git
cd pulpissimo
git clone https://github.com/pulp-platform/pulp-builder.git
cd pulp-builder
git checkout 43e25418bc9590360456ddb97bd29ffb1a6a05e7
source configs/pulpissimo.sh
./scripts/clean
./scripts/update-runtime
./scripts/build-runtime
source sdk-setup.sh
source configs/rtl.sh
cd ..

./update-ips
------- THIS WAS WORKING

Instructions now:

#building PULPISSIMO design
cd ..
git clone --recursive https://github.com/pulp-platform/pulpissimo.git
cd pulpissimo
git clone https://github.com/pulp-platform/pulp-builder.git
cd pulp-builder
git checkout b3b255b0f653fce950cf730972c8ad07b1be7bf0
source configs/pulpissimo.sh
./scripts/clean
./scripts/update-runtime
./scripts/build-runtime
source sdk-setup.sh
source configs/rtl.sh
cd ..

./update-ips

------ Changed line bolded

ERROR:

drivers/i2s/i2s-v2.c: In function '__rt_i2s_open':
drivers/i2s/i2s-v2.c:131:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'udma_i2s_pdm_setup_set'; did you mean 'udma_i2s_i2s_pdm_setup_set'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
   udma_i2s_pdm_setup_set(
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   udma_i2s_i2s_pdm_setup_set
drivers/i2s/i2s-v2.c:133:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'UDMA_I2S_PDM_SETUP_WORDS'; did you mean 'UDMA_I2S_I2S_PDM_SETUP_OFFSET'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
     UDMA_I2S_PDM_SETUP_WORDS(shift)                              |
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     UDMA_I2S_I2S_PDM_SETUP_OFFSET
drivers/i2s/i2s-v2.c:134:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'UDMA_I2S_PDM_SETUP_DECIMATION'; did you mean 'UDMA_I2S_I2S_PDM_SETUP_PDM_DECIMATION'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
     UDMA_I2S_PDM_SETUP_DECIMATION((1<<i2s->decimation_log2)-1)   |
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     UDMA_I2S_I2S_PDM_SETUP_PDM_DECIMATION
drivers/i2s/i2s-v2.c:135:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'UDMA_I2S_PDM_SETUP_MODE'; did you mean 'UDMA_I2S_I2S_PDM_SETUP_PDM_MODE'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
     UDMA_I2S_PDM_SETUP_MODE(0)                                   |
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     UDMA_I2S_I2S_PDM_SETUP_PDM_MODE
drivers/i2s/i2s-v2.c:136:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'UDMA_I2S_PDM_SETUP_EN'; did you mean 'UDMA_I2S_I2S_PDM_SETUP_PDM_EN'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
     UDMA_I2S_PDM_SETUP_EN(1)
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     UDMA_I2S_I2S_PDM_SETUP_PDM_EN
drivers/i2s/i2s-v2.c: In function '__rt_i2s_resume':
drivers/i2s/i2s-v2.c:190:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'udma_i2s_clkcfg_setup_set'; did you mean 'udma_i2s_i2s_clkcfg_setup_set'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
   udma_i2s_clkcfg_setup_set(
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   udma_i2s_i2s_clkcfg_setup_set
drivers/i2s/i2s-v2.c:192:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'UDMA_I2S_CLKCFG_SETUP_SLAVE_CLK_DIV'; did you mean 'UDMA_I2S_I2S_CLKCFG_SETUP_SLAVE_CLK_DIV'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
     UDMA_I2S_CLKCFG_SETUP_SLAVE_CLK_DIV(hw_div & 0xff) |
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     UDMA_I2S_I2S_CLKCFG_SETUP_SLAVE_CLK_DIV
drivers/i2s/i2s-v2.c:193:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'UDMA_I2S_CLKCFG_SETUP_COMMON_CLK_DIV'; did you mean 'UDMA_I2S_I2S_CLKCFG_SETUP_COMMON_CLK_DIV'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
     UDMA_I2S_CLKCFG_SETUP_COMMON_CLK_DIV(hw_div >> 8)  |
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     UDMA_I2S_I2S_CLKCFG_SETUP_COMMON_CLK_DIV
drivers/i2s/i2s-v2.c:194:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'UDMA_I2S_CLKCFG_SETUP_SLAVE_CLK_EN'; did you mean 'UDMA_I2S_I2S_CLKCFG_SETUP_SLAVE_CLK_EN'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
     UDMA_I2S_CLKCFG_SETUP_SLAVE_CLK_EN(1)              |
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     UDMA_I2S_I2S_CLKCFG_SETUP_SLAVE_CLK_EN
drivers/i2s/i2s-v2.c:195:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'UDMA_I2S_CLKCFG_SETUP_PDM_CLK_EN'; did you mean 'UDMA_I2S_I2S_CLKCFG_SETUP_PDM_CLK_EN'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
     UDMA_I2S_CLKCFG_SETUP_PDM_CLK_EN(1)                |
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     UDMA_I2S_I2S_CLKCFG_SETUP_PDM_CLK_EN
drivers/i2s/i2s-v2.c:196:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'UDMA_I2S_CLKCFG_SETUP_SLAVE_NUM'; did you mean 'UDMA_I2S_I2S_CLKCFG_SETUP_SLAVE_NUM'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
     UDMA_I2S_CLKCFG_SETUP_SLAVE_NUM(1)
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     UDMA_I2S_I2S_CLKCFG_SETUP_SLAVE_NUM
drivers/i2s/i2s-v2.c:199:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'udma_i2s_slave_setup_set'; did you mean 'udma_i2s_i2s_pdm_setup_set'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
   udma_i2s_slave_setup_set(
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   udma_i2s_i2s_pdm_setup_set
drivers/i2s/i2s-v2.c:201:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'UDMA_I2S_SLAVE_SETUP_WORDS'; did you mean 'UDMA_I2S_I2S_SLV_SETUP_OFFSET'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
     UDMA_I2S_SLAVE_SETUP_WORDS(1)                      |
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     UDMA_I2S_I2S_SLV_SETUP_OFFSET
drivers/i2s/i2s-v2.c:202:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'UDMA_I2S_SLAVE_SETUP_BITS'; did you mean 'UDMA_I2S_I2S_SLV_SETUP_OFFSET'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
     UDMA_I2S_SLAVE_SETUP_BITS(16)                      |
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/i2s/i2s-v2.c:203:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'UDMA_I2S_SLAVE_SETUP_LSB'; did you mean 'UDMA_I2S_I2S_SLV_SETUP_OFFSET'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
     UDMA_I2S_SLAVE_SETUP_LSB(1)                        |
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/i2s/i2s-v2.c:204:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'UDMA_I2S_SLAVE_SETUP_TWO_CHANNELS'; did you mean 'UDMA_I2S_I2S_PDM_SETUP_PDM_EN_GETS'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
     UDMA_I2S_SLAVE_SETUP_TWO_CHANNELS(dev->dual)       |
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     UDMA_I2S_I2S_PDM_SETUP_PDM_EN_GETS
drivers/i2s/i2s-v2.c:205:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'UDMA_I2S_SLAVE_SETUP_EN'; did you mean 'UDMA_I2S_I2S_PDM_SETUP_PDM_EN'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
     UDMA_I2S_SLAVE_SETUP_EN(1)
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     UDMA_I2S_I2S_PDM_SETUP_PDM_EN
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
Hello,

We have just tried it, could not replicate it. Could it be that you have some local modifications in one submodule?

KGF
Visit pulp-platform.org and follow us on twitter @pulp_platform
(05-06-2019, 06:55 AM)kgf Wrote: Hello,

We have just tried it, could not replicate it. Could it be that you have some local modifications in one submodule?

KGF

Hi,

we have not modified sub modules. However now issue is fixed. It was linux related in our end.