PULP Community
Running programs on Zedboard with pulpissimo. - Printable Version

+- PULP Community (https://pulp-platform.org/community)
+-- Forum: PULP's Community forum (https://pulp-platform.org/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: PULP General questions (https://pulp-platform.org/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Running programs on Zedboard with pulpissimo. (/showthread.php?tid=195)

Running programs on Zedboard with pulpissimo. - Raj - 06-27-2020

Hi All,

I have few doubts concerning pulpissimo example programs to run on zedboard programmed with pulpissimo bit. It would be really helpful if someone could clarify my doubts. I have am trying to program my zedboard with pulpissimo architecture for some further experimentation on the ISA as a part of my project. It took me a while to get to understand all the links associated with programming the zedboard with pulpissimo. As of now I am successful in programming the zedboard with the pulpissimo bit file. Here are my question regarding the same:

1) After I program the zedboard with the pulpissimo bit, where exactly is the bit file stored. As I read in one of the links that we cannot boot it from ROM, so is it stored in FRAM? Should I program the zedboard with the pulpissimo.bit every time I power on the board ? (As the RAM gets erased once I turn off the power)

2)After I program the zedboard, how exactly should I execute my hello world program to communicate with the board? Or may be some other GPIO example program . I did see some question on the portal regarding GPIO program, but I am still not sure how JTAG-HS2 was connected to PMOD A. I am trying to connect JTAG-HS1, it has 7 pinouts and the PMOD A has 6 pins. Has anyone tried to connect and was successful? Could you please explain how you were successful in doing it? I am trying to connect the HS1 to the onboard JTAG slot(J15). Can I still communicate with the board for debug?

3)Also, could anyone just share any link which could help me in following the steps that has worked for someone with no trouble communicating with the zedboard programmed with pulpissimo?

Your response is deeply appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Raj

RE: Running programs on Zedboard with pulpissimo. - bluewww - 06-29-2020

Unfortunately we don't support the zedboard directly. It was a contribution by MarekPikula on github so maybe you have more success posting the question on the issue tracker.

1) Some fpga boards can store the bitstream in flash. Check your board manual how to do this.
2) Don't know this
3) Try github as I suggested. You can also try to ping Marek there.

RE: Running programs on Zedboard with pulpissimo. - Raj - 06-29-2020

(06-29-2020, 12:21 PM)bluewww Wrote: Unfortunately we don't support the zedboard directly. It was a contribution by MarekPikula on github so maybe you have more success posting the question on the issue tracker.

1) Some fpga boards can store the bitstream in flash. Check your board manual how to do this.
2) Don't know this

Thank you for the honest reply Smile