Error Linux Cross Compiler
Hello!

While following the instructions to install the RISC-V GNU compiler as listed here :https://github.com/pulp-platform/pulp-riscv-gnu-toolchain.

I installation for the linux cross compiler is failing.
On running this command on the terminal: 
Code:
./configure --prefix=/opt/riscv --with-arch=rv32g --with-abi=ilp32d
make linux

I get the error message saying:
 /include/atomic.h:826:3: error: #error ATOMIC_EXCHANGE_USES_CAS has to be defined.

I have attached a screenshot showing the error with this post. 

Is there any fix for this? or Am I doing something wrong?

I am running this on Ubuntu 18.04 and I have set the gcc version to 5. Also, the Newlib compilation is performed successfully.
Hi Athena,

Are you sure you want to build the full Linux cross compiler? You are aware that this is not the PULP-Newlib cross compiler, right? The error you mention should not occur when building the PULP-Newlib compiler. If it does, please post the command you used and the full console output as code snippet here.

If you really want to build the Linux cross compiler, you should use the upstream RISC-V GNU toolchain instead and post an issue there if you encounter the same problem.
(02-04-2019, 07:57 PM)akurth Wrote: Hi Athena,

Are you sure you want to build the full Linux cross compiler? You are aware that this is not the PULP-Newlib cross compiler, right? The error you mention should not occur when building the PULP-Newlib compiler. If it does, please post the command you used and the full console output as code snippet here.

If you really want to build the Linux cross compiler, you should use the upstream RISC-V GNU toolchain instead and post an issue there if you encounter the same problem.

Hi Akurth!

I was able to compile the PULP-newlib cross compiler successfully. As of now I do not see the need to build the full Linux cross-compiler.

>If you really want to build the Linux cross compiler, you should use the [url=https://github.com/riscv/riscv-gnu-toolchain]upstream RISC-V GNU toolchain instead and post an issue there if
>you encounter the same problem.
 I will keep this in mind when I need to compile it. 

Thanks!
Great!