Pulp GNU ToolChain Not throwing L2 Overflowed Error
Hi,
   I am currently working with L2 Memories. I notice that even though the size of the stimuli file I have is larger than the total size of L2 private memory (0x1c010000). The compiler does not throw l2 overflowed by ... bytes error. i have not changed the /my-path/pulp-sdk/pkg/sdk/dev/install/rules/pulpissimo/link.ld file. 

This the command the make file of hello example uses to compile my code

/my_path/project/gnu_toolchain/bin/riscv32-unknown-elf-gcc -march=rv32imfcxpulpv2 -mfdiv -D__riscv__ -MMD -MP -o /my_path/pulp-rt-examples/hello/build/pulpissimo/test/test /my_path/pulp-rt-examples/hello/build/pulpissimo/test/fc/test.o /my_path/pulp-rt-examples/hello/build/pulpissimo/test/fc//my_path/pulp-rt-examples/hello/build/pulpissimo/rt_conf.o /my_path/pulp-rt-examples/hello/build/pulpissimo/test/fc//my_path/pulp-rt-examples/hello/build/pulpissimo/rt_pad_conf.o  -nostartfiles -nostdlib -Wl,--gc-sections -L/my_path/untouched/pulpissimo/pulp-sdk/pkg/sdk/dev/install/rules -Tpulpissimo/link.ld -L/my_path/untouched/pulpissimo/pulp-sdk/pkg/sdk/dev/install/lib/pulpissimo -L/my_path/untouched/pulpissimo/pulp-sdk/pkg/sdk/dev/install/lib/pulpissimo/pulpissimo -lrt -lrtio -lrt -lgcc

pulp-run --config-file=pulpissimo@config_file=chips/pulpissimo/pulpissimo.json  --config-opt=platform=rtl --dir=/my_path/pulp-rt-examples/hello/build/pulpissimo --binary=test/test prepare
pulp-run --config-file=pulpissimo@config_file=chips/pulpissimo/pulpissimo.json  --config-opt=platform=rtl --dir=/my_path/pulp-rt-examples/hello/build/pulpissimo --binary=test/test
Launching simulator with command:

I notice the pulp_tap exceeding the maximum address of the L2 memory
 [pulp_tap_if] WRITE32 burst @1c00f800 for        1024 bytes.
# [pulp_tap_if] WRITE32 burst @1c00fc00 for        1024 bytes.
# [pulp_tap_if] WRITE32 burst @1c010000 for        1024 bytes.
# [pulp_tap_if] WRITE32 burst @1c010400 for        1024 bytes.
# [pulp_tap_if] WRITE32 burst @1c010800 for        1024 bytes.
# [pulp_tap_if] WRITE32 burst @1c010c00 for        1024 bytes.
# [pulp_tap_if] WRITE32 burst @1c011000 for        1024 bytes.
# [pulp_tap_if] WRITE32 burst @1c011400 for        1024 bytes.
# [pulp_tap_if] WRITE32 burst @1c011800 for        1024 bytes.
# [pulp_tap_if] WRITE32 burst @1c011c00 for        1024 bytes.

Any idea why the pulp_gnu_toolchain did not throw any error. does the pulp_gnu_toolchain should be rebuilt because i am playing by extending the Private memory sizes although the above error was produced with no change in the pulpissimo or pulp-sdk code

Messages In This Thread
Pulp GNU ToolChain Not throwing L2 Overflowed Error - by vignajeth - 03-12-2021, 04:52 PM