How to find the signal which represents 16bit instructions in the design?
Hi,

I'm trying certain software debug tool on pulpissimo. To build alignment between source code and disassembly, I need to trace both "pc" and the corresponding "instruction" in the design during runtime.
I've found the "pc" shall be "tb_pulp.i_dut.soc_domain_i.pulp_soc_i.fc_subsystem_i.FC_CORE.lFC_CORE.id_stage_i.pc_id_i[31:0]"
And probably the "inst" shall be "tb_pulp.i_dut.soc_domain_i.pulp_soc_i.fc_subsystem_i.FC_CORE.lFC_CORE.id_stage_i.instr[31:0]"

For example, on "hello" case, a piece of disassembly is:

The waveform is like:

you can see when the instruction is 32bit, disassembly is matched with waveform (eg. pc=0x1c008130, inst=0x82f72a23)
But when the instruction is 16bit, looks like I can find a signal in waveform to show the 16bit instruction correctly... for example, pc=0x1c008134, disassembly shows the instruction val=0xc69c; but the 32bit "inst" signal shows different value in the waveform...
Instead, I find the 16bit inst atĀ output of L2 ram... But I can't use the output of L2 ram in my tool since it's too hard to align with pc...

any ideas?

Thank you!

Hi,

I just read RISCV manual, looks like these 16bit instructions are RV32C instructions? Then it's decoded into 32bit instruction in the design and the signal "tb_pulp.i_dut.soc_domain_i.pulp_soc_i.fc_subsystem_i.FC_CORE.lFC_CORE.id_stage_i.instr[31:0]" is the decoded one, right?
So my question becomes --- can you point me the signal which cycle aligned with certain "pc" signal and the value is original?

Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
How to find the signal which represents 16bit instructions in the design? - by ninipa - 04-26-2020, 01:37 PM