Coremark for benchmarking 8 core PULP
Hello, 

I want to benchmark the performance of the 8 core multicore platform PULP. The current coremark example in pulp-rt-examples needs to be modified to be able to run it on PULP such that it uses the 8 cores of the cluster. Can a guideline be provided to modify the Coremark benchmark for the PULP platform. 

Regards,
Athena
There are already several example programs that are adjusted to the 8 core configuration. Coremark is not one of them. I am not familiar with it, but it is the same type of effort that you have to put in converting a regular program onto a parallel architecture. I think there are also dedicated benchmarks for many-core and multi-core systems, rather than using coremark.
Visit pulp-platform.org and follow us on twitter @pulp_platform
(03-28-2019, 04:08 PM)kgf Wrote: There are already several example programs that are adjusted to the 8 core configuration. Coremark is not one of them. I am not familiar with it, but it is the same type of effort that you have to put in converting a regular program onto a parallel architecture. I think there are also dedicated benchmarks for many-core and multi-core systems, rather than using coremark.

Yes, I have been trying to run the other examples which have been configured for the 8 core configuration. However, I am unable to get any of them running. I have already posted that query here : https://pulp-platform.org/community/show...php?tid=71

Since, none of the example has been working for me. I wanted to know the proper way to modify Coremark for the 8 core configuration. I have already tried modifying it but that does not work as well. 

Regards
Athena