Synthesis of ARA Vector Unit
(08-12-2024, 08:50 AM)kgf Wrote: Hello,
There is nothing particularly different from any other project. What exactly is "encountered difficulties in achieving a successful synthesis", is this quality of results, warnings, errors? Technically speaking you DO NOT need to consolidate files. Any modern synthesizer should be able to read in a file list.

We use bender:
  https://github.com/pulp-platform/bender

To help us in generating the scripts, file lists. But it is not strictly needed.

Cheers,
KGF

Respected Moderator 

1. I tried to generate the scripts for Genus Synthesis using the method mentioned in previous mail and i got this tcl file : attached in "run_tcl.txt" [little modified]

.txt   run_tcl.txt (Size: 25.53 KB / Downloads: 1)

2. Then after running this run.tcl in Cadence Genus i got this log file : attached in "log.txt"

.txt   log.txt (Size: 56.6 KB / Downloads: 1)

For this execution i am running Synthesis without any Constraints given.

Given the nature of the errors, I am concerned that this approach might lead to a series of issues as we proceed. While I could troubleshoot these errors step by step, I believe it might be more efficient to use the same synthesis tool utilized mentioned in paper—Synopsys Design Compiler (DC).

Could you please provide me with the correct procedure for synthesis using Genus without encountering any error while , if possible? Additionally, if you think switching to Synopsys DC would be more effective, I would appreciate your guidance on that as well.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I look forward to your advice on the best course of action to achieve a successful synthesis.

Messages In This Thread
Synthesis of ARA Vector Unit - by Tanishq S - 08-07-2024, 07:31 AM
RE: Synthesis of ARA Vector Unit - by kgf - 08-12-2024, 08:50 AM
RE: Synthesis of ARA Vector Unit - by Tanishq S - 08-12-2024, 03:32 PM